The capabilities offered by wireless M2M technology, taken together, help address the full range of major manufacturing and supply chain challenges that companies face. The challenges of cost pressure, the need for greater visibility, and new sources of risk are particularly suited to solutions built around M2M.
Operational efficiency drives IoT in the Supply Chain. The manufacturing and supply chain sector comprises a diverse group of applications, most of which run on very tight margins. The adoption of M2M technology is driven by the requirement to achieve efficiency savings. Investment in M2M is largely stimulated by the desire to reduce wastage, optimize and reduce fuel consumption, monitor inventory levels and condition, enhance preventive maintenance and render operational otherwise economically enviable assets such as remote wells.
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
WAVIoT is able to provide unique resolutions to these challenges, enabling extremely small and power-efficient sensors. Through its wide area coverage and managed network, factories and smart warehouses can now benefit from true visibility throughout the supply chain, managing overall processes and workflows whilst increasing quality and reducing the cost of disruptions.
Why NB-Fi is the best for IoT Manufacturing
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area manufacturing & supply chain applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 30+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
Related IoT applications
- Transport & Distribution
- Warehousing & Storage
- Manufacturing & Processing
- Vending machines