There is a tremendous value to having data at any given time and M2M is a true force multiplier to minimizing losses and predicting risks before they happen. Whether for homeland security personnel, law enforcers or first responders, information mobility is the critical component that enables them to quickly make better decisions. The ability to act on sensor information and telemetry data provides for unprecedented mission efficiency and life safety.
The security market is already well-established with a variety of entrenched specialist players. Services provided typically include building security systems such as alarms and CCTV, fire detection and protection services as well as access control systems and elevator communication services. Increasingly, these services require some form of connectivity to facilitate communication with the building owner and emergency services when the security system is breached. Alarm systems represent the largest opportunity within this application group and many homeowners and upmarket businesses in expensive urban areas already deploy a connected alarm service as part of a wider smart home solution, which might also enable remote management of HVAC systems for example.
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
Preparedness for natural disasters is as important as for man-made threats, to minimize human suffering and the impact on critical resources such as energy infrastructure. For example pipelines and distribution facilities shut down for fear of potential destruction and leakage can only be brought back on-line once the status of infrastructure integrity has been confirmed. Proper implementation and operation of sensors and services can enable an automated response to impending danger and help bring infrastructure back on-line more quickly. Clearly, WAVIoT has the solution that can provide both a positive return on investment for normal operations in terms of automating monitoring and surveillance of assets, as well as a tool for disaster preparation and recovery. Applications of M2M for national security include energy operations, transportation facilities, communications infrastructure, utilities, etc.
ATM monitoring and security
Most of you would agree that ATM security is a major pain point for banks and ATM operators alike. The rising number of ATM crimes aggravates the concerns of ATM managers, yet we see most ATMs are satisfied with conventional security practices like security guards and surveillance cameras to safeguard their ATM sites. It’s now time to think whether these facilities are sufficient to address the current security challenges surrounding ATMs and bring profitability to ATM operators.
Small sensors are silently streaming data on ATM vitals from room temperature to natural light sources to the movement of the security guard, leveraging Internet of Things (IoT) to help service providers run cash-vending machines on lighter operational expenditure models.
Software-automated processes helps banks cut costs across the board by saving power, curbing pilferage, managing incidents such as stuck debit cards, and even remotely controlling the ATM to shut it whenever the security alarm goes off.
Why NB-Fi is the best for IoT Security
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area security applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.