Fields and pastures are sometimes isolated from cell networks; LPWAN solutions is well suited for such applications. Farmers and ranchers can get significant benefit from real-time data indicating small differences in soil moisture, temperature, and humidity between and even within fields.
WAVIoT’s technology is ideally suited to help address the challenges facing agriculture, the environment and sustainable development. WAVIoT is working with the most advanced suppliers of grower dashboards for smart agriculture, to provide them with real-time agricultural sensor data, with an emphasis on precision irrigation. We are enabling growers to produce higher yields of better quality crops while helping to conserve natural resources.
Smart irrigation can reduce water usage from 40% up to 70% by real-time monitoring of IoT soil moisture sensors.
Having precise information about the soil moisture it is simple to make correct decisions on the how much water required for the irrigation of the field.
WAVIoT technology for Irrigation Control
The main idea is to take a control on the field with a soil moisture sensor on a wide area. LPWAN with its long-range and high autonomous devices is perfect for deploying the IoT network on the large area of the farms. Soil moisture sensors from a different manufacturer can be connected to the autonomous WAVIoT modem and placed in the field. Each modem transmits parameters of soil to the base station placed in the farm location and covering more than 7000 square kilometers of surrounding area. Data received processed by the server and displayed in the cloud panel or clients application.
Integrated soil moisture sensor
Soil moisture sensor integrated with LWPAN modem installed in the open field able to transmit reading up to 30 km to the nearest base station.
- Real-time monitoring of IoT soil moisture sensors.
- Covering wide-area of the agriculture fields.
- High autonomy from the battery up to 10 years.
- Easy installation to the soil.
- Allows to deploy automatic irrigation control.
- Reduce water usage. Increase yields. Improve crop quality.
Real-time moisture monitoring
IoT Cloud application displaying the real-time situation on the soil moisture from all sensors in the field.
- Real-time monitoring.
- Visualization of a current situation on the map.
- Data aggregation and drill-down analysis.
- Easy integration with the customer automated system for seamless irrigation.
- Building a unique software model for the certain geographical area.
- Multiple types of sensors: moisture, temperature, CO2, acidity, luminosity etc.
WAVIoT smart water metering technology
Soil moisture sensors are distributed within the wide area of the fields which is not covered with a cellular network. Modems sending small data from sensors and should have a high autonomy for several month of continuous work. And it is what LPWAN exactly suits to.
- Low cost for soil moisture sensors with integrated LPWAN modems gives a high ROI on a large-scale project with wireless connectivity.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single base station is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new end-devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of a base station is 10+ km in urban and 30+ km in the open country allows to a have a deep network reach in the area of fields.
- Robustness. Star topology with no mesh. Outdoor hardware support.
- Reliability. NB-Fi protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in wide area with the use of the narrowband approach.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
Equipment for soil moisture monitoring
Smart soil moisture sensor for irrigation control systems in agriculture. The device provides over-the-web visibility of soil moisture parameters. Integrated NB-Fi radio module ensures the long-range data transmission up to 30 km in rural area. Request for the price. Read more
The Base Station designed for rolling-out long-range IoT network in the urban and rural environment. Featured with whip antenna and full-duplex connectivity for bi-directional communication. Covering 800 sq. km area and aggregating the data from 2 000 000 smart devices and sensors. Read more