Effective parking management enables drivers reducing the frustrations and find free parking space quickly. In addition, it helps to reduce oxygen dioxide emission and minimise traffic jams. Wired car parking sensor systems are pretty costly for installation on a wide area of urban.
WAVIoT smart parking technology
WAVIoT NB-Fi technology makes a great wireless solution for parking sensors in a single garage or parking lot. Instead of installing wireline acoustic sensors to every space, a less expensive, long life sensor can be buried beneath each parking spot. Using a magnetometer, this device can transmit data when a parking event, the entering or leaving of a spot by a vehicle, occurs. Assuming a parking event occurs every 10 minutes, WAVIoT-enabled parking sensors are achieving over a 10 year battery life from a single set of batteries.
Thousands of parking slots under control by long-range wireless car parking system.
Wireless car parking sensor system
Installed parking occupancy sensors send a signal to the base station when a vehicle gets into a parking lot or departs. Base station able to handle signals from millions of sensor in the area and send data to the servers applications. The data from these applications can be utilized right away. WAVIoT servers can be connected to a third party’s parking application via WAVIoT API.
Smart parking sensor
WAVIoT wireless electromagnetic parking sensor clearly detects parking vehicle maneuvers place of installation.
- Signal range 16+ km in the urban environment.
- No wires in place of installation required.
- No repeaters or in the area of installation required.
- Do not need to be accessed for 20 years with high level of autonomy.
- Low-cost of installation and zero-cost of maintenance.
- Advanced noise reduction techniques filter electromagnetic interference.
- Ideal for IoT smart parking solutions.
Parking management software
WAVIoT IoT Cloud platform shows the aggregated data from parking sensors in the web-based interface. Information for parking management system and end-user application is handled via API.
- Interface showing free and occupied parking spaces.
- Real-time monitoring of parking occupancy situation from any PC.
- API for end-user and management applications.
- User friendly interface, access permissions for different user groups.
Why smart city parking needs LPWAN?
The parking sensor transmits a small amount of data but required high autonomy. Network include thousands of parking sensors within the entire city. Having a long-range connectivity with outstanding scalability WAVIoT solution is ideal for vehicle parking management system.
- Low cost for integrated smart parking sensors and parking software gives a high ROI on a large-scale project with no-wire installations.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single base station is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new end-devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of a base station is 16+ km in urban and 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a deep network reach.
- Robustness. Star topology with no mesh. Outdoor hardware support.
- Reliability. NB-Fi protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 50 000 WAVIoT smart parking sensors deployed worldwide.
Equipment for smart parking solutions
The base station designed for rolling-out long-range IoT network in the urban and rural environment. Featured with whip antenna and full-duplex connectivity for bi-directional communication. Covering 800 sq. km area and aggregating the data from 2 000 000 smart devices and sensors. Read more