Natural gas is delivered to residential houses for heating and cooking purposes. As well as electricity and water metering records of consumption should be kept. There are several wireless traditional technologies with is used for remote gas meter monitoring in smart gas meters of different manufacturers. WAVIoT has developed state of art metering solution based on long-range low-power wireless protocol.
Turn-key smart gas metering solution
The high cost of deployment of advanced metering infrastructure for resource consumption control is the significant barrier for utility companies. As traditional technologies like GPRS, ZigBee and Wireless M-Bus still in consideration for such smart gas metering applications they do not provide the desired level of ROI.
With a new type of LWPAN wireless communication technology developed especially for smart metering and IoT application, utilities can overcome the difficulties of massive rolling out of AMI.
Using the concept of IoT communication and most robust LPWAN NB-Fi protocol WAVIoT has developed out-of-the-box solutions for smart gas consumption monitoring with plug and play meters and outstanding connectivity characteristics.
Deploy smart gas metering in the wide area fast and easily.
WAVIoT smart gas metering technology
There are two options to bring IoT connectivity for gas metering: use WAVIoT plug-and-play smart gas meters with integrated radio modules or connect WAVIoT LPWAN modem to existing gas meter. Both way swill gives the ability to transmit gas meter reading on the internet via a long-range network.
The primary benefits of using LPWA network for metering is that meters can communicate with the receiving station at a range of 50 kilometers and at the same time stay energy efficient. That means you do not need to roll out a massive communication infrastructure. One gateway can handle more than 2 000 000 gas meters in the urban area keeping cost on network infrastructure and maintenance at a low level.
Smart modems or gas meters transmit readings to the gateway via NB-Fi long-range wireless network and then processed on the server. All reading are displayed in Cloud web-based interface which is accessible all over the world from any computer connected to the internet. Utility gas metering application can be connected to the server for data import and export with the use of API.
WAVIoT smart gas meter
Smart plug-and-play gas meter with the wireless long-range radio module.
- Signal transmission range 16+ km in urban and 50 in open country.
- Autonomous work for up to 20 years with daily readings transmission.
- Start transmitting readings right after installation with no additional calibration.
- Designed for residential and office buildings.
- Easy to install by any technician.
- Reliable data delivery with no mesh.
- Can be used with one metering network with water, electricity and heat meters.
Gas metering application
Gas meters reading available in IoT cloud as well as for the clients and for the utility companies.
- Gas hourly / daily / monthly consumption reports.
- Client interface accessible from any PC connected to the Internet.
- Close a balance sheet for several minutes with no discrepancy.
- Integration with third-party software is simple with data export.
- Flexible user rights management. Roles for residents for single meter monitoring and for utility managers watching all meters at once.
- A utility is free from server administration and program installation.
Why NB-Fi is the best for wireless smart metering
Smart water metering is an ideal application for WAVIoT wireless technology due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for integrated residential smart gas meters and whole water meter monitoring system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 smart gas meters allows scaling system by simply plugging new end-devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of a base station is 16+ km in urban and 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
The base station designed for rolling-out long-range IoT network in the urban and rural environment. Featured with whip antenna and full-duplex connectivity for bi-directional communication. Covering 800 sq. km area and aggregating the data from 2 000 000 smart devices and sensors. Read more