Commonly physical visits of utility agents required for taking readings from residential water meters. The absence of systematic consumption monitoring leads to the inability to understand consumer’s behavior and consumption patterns fully. Besides problems concerned with fraudulent usage and fast leak identification are challenging to the utility companies.
The advantages of the remote water meter monitoring for the utility are well-found by the example of remote electric meter reading. The main benefits of the smart water system are the provision of accurate and regular readings to the centralized metering application, freed-up personnel and avoiding a human factor from the data collection, processing, and billing. Additional profit is introduced by the quickly leaks identification wich allows to prevent substantial water losses or property damages.
Turn-key smart water metering solution
One of the most significant barriers to the adoption of advanced water metering systems is the high cost of deployment and the unsuitability of traditional communications systems.
Combining IoT concept with LPWAN communication technology WAVIoT get over the difficulties and developed integrated solutions for automated metering infrastructure. WAVIoT offers state of the art metering cost-effective solution with extraordinary scalability.
Deploy smart metering in the wide area fast and easily.
WAVIoT smart water metering technology
WAVIoT can connect integrated plug-and-play water meters or installed residential meters inexpensively via its rugged universal modem interface. It gives to utility companies the ability to create a reliable, secure advanced water metering platform that either connects into WAVIoT’s cloud-based application or into their own or third-party software for the monitoring and analysis of data flows.
No matter how many meters do utility want to monitor — 100 or 100 000. Just plug WAVIoT smart water meters and watch all readings online in IoT cloud platform. WAVIoT team worked hard to deliver reliable user-friendly solution able to receive signal within 16+ km in urban area with no repeaters or mesh topology.
WAVIoT smart water meter
- Smart plug and play water meter ready to transmit readings as soon as it is installed.
- SWM-1 is specially designed for private residential and office building water metering.
- SWM-1 registers water consumption and transmit readings every day autonomously for 10 years.
- Installation procedure for SWM-1 is simple as for standard water meter and can be performed by any technician.
Watch all readings in the Cloud
Monitor reading online with IoT cloud interface for residential and communal meters.
- Cold and hot water hourly / daily / monthly consumption reports for property managers and residents.
- Dashboard accessible from any PC connected to the Internet. Offset a balance sheet for several minutes with no discrepancy.
- Integration with third-party software is simple with data export to Excel, CSV, JSON, HTML or with open API.
- A utility is free from server administration and program setting. The use of WAVIoT-cloud is comfortable and secured with SSH-protocol.
Develop your own smart meter
Develop your own smart metering solution with minimum investments.
- Integrated electronic platform for water meters enabling automated remote readings with NB-Fi wireless protocol.
- Integrations available for most types of residential water meters.
- Antenna specially designed for best performance in an urban area with the transmission range of 16 km.
Why WAVIoT is the best for smart metering
Smart water metering is an ideal application for WAVIoT wireless technology due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for integrated residential smart meters and whole water meter monitoring system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 smart meters allows scaling system by simply plugging new end-devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of a base station is 16+ km in urban and 50+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.
Equipment for remote water metering
IoT module designed for easy integration with most of the traditional water meters enabling remote readings monitoring with NB-Fi long-range wide-area network. Radiomodule integration is the cost-effective option for water management utilities willing to remote read their water meters with minimum investments in a wide area. Read more