A smart city integrates state-of-the-art green technologies to create a metropolis that is both sustainable and able to deliver high living standards. A smart city leads the way towards CO2 neutrality and delivers solutions for its inhabitants that are cost effective and efficient. At the same time it is a healthy, energy-efficient city that uses renewable energy sources as much as possible, including biomass and waste, and is a pioneer in the deployment of advanced smart technologies. A smart city is also an inclusive place, using technology and innovative solutions to increase social inclusion and combat poverty and deprivation.
Overall, a smart city must be a good place to live, offering the best possible quality of life, with the lowest possible use of resources. Within a Smart City deployment of the IoT and M2M spans a diverse range of public services and infrastructure including Public Transport (road, rail, air and sea transport as well as ticketing and passenger information systems), Intelligent Traffic Management (parking space management and payment, congestion charging and road tolls, traffic volume monitoring, connected road signs, traffic lights and enforcement cameras and in-vehicle congestion and toll devices), Environment and Public Safety (CCTV, street lighting, waste collection, public alarms and intercoms and tourist information services) and Public Space Advertising (static advertising and billboards).
LPWAN is the engine of long-range IoT. NB-Fi is the high-octane fuel for LPWAN.
Why NB-Fi is the best for Smart City
WAVIoT approach is ideal for wide-area smart city applications due to the small power budget available, the long-range requirements, and the small data size needed for transmission.
- Low cost for sensor integration and entire remote sensing system gives a high ROI on a large-scale project.
- High scalability. A capacity of one single gateway is more than 2 000 000 sensors allows scaling system by simply plugging new smart devices with no-mesh infrastructure costs.
- Wide area. The range of IoT gateway is 30+ km in the open country allows to a have a global network reach.
- High autonomy. Very low energy consumption resulting in long lasting autonomous remote devices avoiding the high cost of battery replacement for 10-20 years.
- Reliability. NB-Fi long-range protocol specially designed for large-scale projects in a harsh environment with the use of the narrowband approach unlike to LoRa.
- User-friendly. IoT cloud platform allows to get and manage data online. Easy integration with company IT-systems with open API.
- High availability for worldwide LPWAN deployments with the support of different ISM bands such as 915, 868, 500, 433 MHz and others.
- Experience. NB-Fi proved technology by more than 500 000 WAVIoT smart sensors and controllers deployed worldwide.